Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hello 2010!

Man, I can't believe that we are almost through with the first month of the new year! I just want to give a little update from the last couple months.
We made it back safely from El Salvador. We had a great time there. We did a lot of physical work...painting, removing broken fences, sawing logs and clearing out property...all the damage from Hurricane Ida. We also ministered in a children's home that has 74 beautiful children. I think it is so cool that even though I know very little Spanish, it is like we all just clicked with them. The smile and laughter are universal! It was very hard to leave all of them after being there for a week. God did a work in the lives of the believers in the church where we ministered.







After El Salvador all of the team members were free to go home for a few weeks for Christmas. I had a great time at home getting caught up with family and friends and enjoying the snow!!

We hit the road again at the beginning of January starting our conferences in Florida! We have been to Miami, New Port Richey and are now in Interlachen, FL this week.

Here are a few testimonies from some individuals in the churches we have been:

"I was committed but not fully surrendered in several areas of my life. The conference has motivated me to remember the days with my "first love" and to return to those joyful days. It's a choice to admit and confess sin and a choice to ask for grace moment by moment in those areas to overcome. I have hope and assurance that I will become the woman God has created me to be!"

"God found me saddened, not at peace. Confused of what direction to take in my life. Sinful, a liar, a deceiver, immoral but I am learning to trust God more and give Him all my worries and fear. To seek God in my time of doubts and confusion, rather than sinful sinful outlets. I really want to be a "HOT" (Honest, Open and Transparent) christian. Passionate for God and for others. To see a transformation in my life and through me and the Spirit of God working through me..."

"God found me tired physically because I was trying to keep pace to pay the bills in the very dark economy. But these past four days I've been able to enjoy and plunge into God's grace. I've been able to pour out my heart to my God and Savior. I have been able to do what I should do everyday which is to put God first in my life and day. When he is on top, everything else falls in place."

We serve a great God and he desires to do an amazing work in the hearts and lives of His children...if we just allow Him to. Pray that our team will continue to be effective (by the grace of God) in the lives of each of our host homes, in the people at the churches and amongst ourselves. Thanks for being my prayer warriors!

No comments: